Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org> on 2002/02/19 14:41:25 UTC

Shipping 1.0?

What are peoples thoughts on getting 1.0 out the door? RC1 had a issue
with index corrupted errors that is fixed in CVS. I was planning to do a
small 1.0RC1A release or something, but I'm kind of inclined just to call
it 1.0 and move on. What do you think?

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: Shipping 1.0?

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Tuesday, February 19, 2002, at 07:48 AM, Kurt Ward wrote:

> --- Chad La Joie <cl...@vt.edu> wrote:
>> I think I'd release an RC2 (w/ the index corruption
>> fix) and let it sit for
>> a week.  If no one comes back with bugs then tag it
>> 1.0
>
> I agree.  It seems that there are still a couple of
> minor things that would be nice to have fixed before
> 1.0

I agree now too. 1.0RC2 should probably be the next release.

>> At 08:41 AM 2/19/2002, you wrote:
>>> What are peoples thoughts on getting 1.0 out the
>> door? RC1 had a issue
>>> with index corrupted errors that is fixed in CVS. I
>> was planning to do a
>>> small 1.0RC1A release or something, but I'm kind of
>> inclined just to call
>>> it 1.0 and move on. What do you think?
>>>
>>> Kimbro Staken
>>> XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
>>> http://www.xmldatabases.org/

> http://sports.yahoo.com

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)

Re: Shipping 1.0?

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.

http://sports.yahoo.com

Re: Shipping 1.0?

Posted by Chad La Joie <cl...@vt.edu>.

Re: Indexing Bug [was Shipping 1.0?]

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
> On Friday, February 22, 2002, at 04:26 PM, Tom Bradford wrote:
> > You mean the part after </database>?   That's ok.  When you overwrite a
> > page, it won't zero out old data, it will simply overwrite it, and use
> > a length field on the page to determine how much to read in.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was thinking maybe this was the case since there
were
no errors on starting on the db.

> BTW, you can always retrieve the database configuration:
>
> % xindice rd -c /db/system/SysConfig -n database.xml

Thanks for the tip, this will certainly com in handy.

Posted by Tom Bradford <to...@mac.com>.

Posted by Tom Bradford <to...@mac.com>.

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Kimbro,

I tested updated from CVS and tested on Win2k and Linux (Slackware 8).
Looks like the problem
was fixed that was reporting the error, but I am still concerned about the
document fragments in the
SysConfig.tbl file.  Using the command line tools, I created a collection,
added a single document, and created to indexes.  When I drop the indexes,
the .tbl file looks like this:

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.

Re: Shipping 1.0?

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.