Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2008/12/18 03:15:56 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Solr Logo Contest Results

(replies to solr-user please)

On behalf of the Solr Committers, I'm happy to announce that we the Solr
Logo Contest is officially concluded. (Woot!)

And the Winner Is...
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12394264/apache_solr_a_red.jpg
...by Michiel

We ran into a few hiccups during the contest making it take longer then
intended, but the result was a thorough process in which everyone went
above and beyond to ensure that the final choice best reflected the wishes
of the community.

You can expect to see the new logo appear on the site (and in the Solr
app) in the next few weeks.

Congrats Michiel!

-Hoss

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Solr Logo Contest Results

Posted by Paul Borgermans <pa...@gmail.com>.
Maybe one remark: shouldn't it be Apache instead of apache in the logo
(first letter capitalized)?

Otherwise I like it in spite of my first choice didn't make it

Cheers and congrats to Michiel!
Paul

Posted by Jeryl Cook <tw...@gmail.com>.

American People, September 20, 2001

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Solr Logo Contest Results

Posted by Mathijs Homminga <ma...@knowlogy.nl>.
Good choice!

Mathijs Homminga

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Michiel.Lukas

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Solr Logo Contest Results

Posted by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com>.