Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Suraj Nayak <sn...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 01:20:19 UTC

Does Sqoop 1.4.4 support JDBC over SSL?

Hi Sqoop Users and Developers,

Does Sqoop 1.4.4 support JDBC over SSL? If yes, how can I enable it? If no,
which version of sqoop supports JDBC over SSL?

Or any workaround for making sqoop work on SSL?

Any help and pointers is well appreciated :)

--
Thanks
Suraj Nayak M

Re: Does Sqoop 1.4.4 support JDBC over SSL?

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Sumit,
would you be open to write a small blog post about how you’ve configured Sqoop to use SSL for your specific driver?

 I think that other people might be interested in that :)

Jarcec

Posted by Sumit Sarkar <Su...@progress.com>.
I have not tried the Oracle thin JDBC driver with Sqoop myself, but I suspect you need to set the SSL related properties as java options via HADOOP_OPTS similar to this write-up:
http://hortonworks.com/blog/how-to-do-secure-apache-sqoop-jobs-with-oracle-wallet/

To test whether packets are secured, you could use something like wireshark.  For DataDirect Oracle JDBC drivers, there is packet logging built in which can be enabled via JDBC URL connection options.

Sumit
919-461-4284

I am using Oracle JDBC. Is it based on Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) ? What I think is, we need to set some flags by passing it to JDBC url parameter. That should take care of it. Correct me if am wrong.

Also, how do you test the connection whether data packets are actually secured?

Thanks!

Posted by Suraj Nayak <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sumit,

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.