Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Saad Mufti <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/16 00:01:42 UTC

Does Replication Affect Write Performance On The Main Cluster

Hi,

Don't have anything conclusive but I have seen some correlation where in
very high write rate situation, the write rate can increase when major
compaction or some other high CPU/network activity (for example we run some
Spark jobs on our replica HBase cluster) stops happening on the replica
cluster. Basically looks like the rate is lower when the replica cluster is
busy with some other activity.

I wanted to know if this totally anecdotal evidence is something I should
look into or whether it is something well known in the community.

Thanks in advance for any pointer or advice for someone relatively new to
HBase.

----
Saad

Re: Does Replication Affect Write Performance On The Main Cluster

Posted by iain wright <ia...@gmail.com>.
Wish I had an answer for you.. This is relevant to our interests as well as I planned to run spark jobs on our slave cluster. If we don't hear conclusively on the list I will do some benchmarking in a dev environment and attempt to reproduce

Best,
Iain

Sent from my iPhone