Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 03:53:09 UTC

[Constants] "nameOrNumericIdMatch"

Does
"nameOrNumericIdMatch"
belong in some constants interface?

It's a value for the M_EQUALITY
attribute.

Seems like it belongs in an enum
for the possible values for M_EQUALITY.

Maybe there could be an interface
EnumeratedAttributeTypeValues

With something like
M_EQUALITY__NAME_OR_NUMERIC_ID_MATCH="nameOrNumericIdMatch";
etc.

Cheers,
- Ole

Re: [Constants] "nameOrNumericIdMatch"

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
SNIP
> You DAS app can manage it's own set of
> constants for what it does.
> WDYT?

OK - Sounds perfect.  Whenever I come across "Loose" strings
I'll just do a quick check in with the group.  I totally understand that
there are 40 other higher priority things that you need to focus
on, so if there's something I send across that wire that you would like
me to add somewhere, feel free to just point me in the right direction.
We'll just skip the 5 hour debriefing :-)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 5/21/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahhh man - you saw that hook coming huh?
> I'm going to have to get more sneeky. :-)

You funny guy you :).

Actually the DAS Constants are completely separate from ApacheDS's
> constants anyways, but I don't mind at all adding more constants
> to ApacheDS's constants interfaces as I come across likely candidates.
> I'm guessing that the interface you are referring to is
> MetaSchemaConstants.

I don't know really.  We have to find out which schema that matching rule
belongs to.

Do you want me to add it?
> Is this OK?
> M_EQUALITY__NAME_OR_NUMERIC_ID_MATCH="nameOrNumericIdMatch";

Eeeeekkkk no let me add it later :).  Please just add this constant to your
DAS stuff for now.
There's no need right now for us to add this in the server core.  These
constants are not
for external apps like yours but rather are for the server's internals.  We
can add them as
needed inside the server.  You DAS app can manage it's own set of constants
for what it does.
WDYT?

Alex

Re: [Constants] "nameOrNumericIdMatch"