Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Rick Rineholt <cr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/18 14:21:16 UTC

Standalone distro broken when working with extensions?

Wanting to run some webservices (axis) client bindings from the a
command line environment I've encountered several roadblocks. It was
possible to previously use the standalone distro, create an extension
directory drop the jar containing the extension into that directory and
put all jars it depends on into the boot directory.  I know putting all
the dependent jars into the boot was a temporary workaround.
I've not done any deep analysis on this but I suspect some of the
binding initialization is happening when only the application
classloader is in scope.  I've also tried another approach by just
including the extensions (axis) dependent jars on the original
classpath.  Doing this seem to have the system scan those jars as "sca
bundles (jars)" looking for a default.scdl and throwing an exception if
its not found.

Is there a correct way to make this work with what is in SVN ?  If yes, how?
If not, anyone know of a quick workaround so I can make progress on
this?  I'd prefer a solution not involving running in some other
environment (junit, eclipse, maven etc).
If no, anone working on this? Any idea how soon it can  be fixed?  Need
help?
Thanks

Running this I see:
(org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils).
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.TargetException: Error initializing
component instance [directoryScanExtender]
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.PojoAtomicComponent.init(PojoAtomicComponent.java:96)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.InstanceWrapperImpl.start(InstanceWrapperImpl.java:49)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.eagerInitComponents(ModuleScopeContainer.java:154)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.onEvent(ModuleScopeContainer.java:68)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.AbstractSCAObject.publish(AbstractSCAObject.java:92)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:178)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:117)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.launcher.LauncherImpl.bootRuntime(LauncherImpl.java:100)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.launcher.MainLauncherImpl.boot(MainLauncherImpl.java:140)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.tuscany.hostutil.LaunchHelper.invoke(LaunchHelper.java:96)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.launcher.MainLauncherBooter.main(MainLauncherBooter.java:51)
Caused by: org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.ObjectCallbackException:
Exception thrown by callback method [public void
org.apache.tuscany.core.services.extension.DirectoryScanExtender.init()]
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(MethodEventInvoker.java:46)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.PojoAtomicComponent.init(PojoAtomicComponent.java:94)
    ... 14 more
Caused by: org.apache.tuscany.spi.ObjectCreationException: Exception
thrown by setter [setServletHost]
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodInjector.inject(MethodInjector.java:54)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.PojoAtomicComponent.createInstance(PojoAtomicComponent.java:123)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.eagerInitComponents(ModuleScopeContainer.java:153)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.onEvent(ModuleScopeContainer.java:68)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.AbstractSCAObject.publish(AbstractSCAObject.java:92)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:178)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:117)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.services.extension.DirectoryScanExtender.deployExtension(DirectoryScanExtender.java:120)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.services.extension.DirectoryScanExtender.init(DirectoryScanExtender.java:83)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(MethodEventInvoker.java:42)
    ... 15 more
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodInjector.inject(MethodInjector.java:46)
    ... 28 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: ClassNotFoundException Error in
org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOnlyMessageReceiver
    at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(URLBasedAxisConfigurator.java:75)
    at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:61)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.util.TuscanyAxisConfigurator.getConfigurationContext(TuscanyAxisConfigurator.java:40)
    at
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.Axis2BindingBuilder.setServletHost(Axis2BindingBuilder.java:49)
    ... 33 more

Re: Standalone distro broken when working with extensions?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Just a status update. With the current changes to the axis binding etc I can
get helloworld client running now both within eclipse and the  standalone
launcher:

C:\SCA\Standalone>java -jar bin\launcher.jar --classpath
..\v2\current\samples\sca\helloworldwsclient\target\sample-
helloworldwsclient-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils).
Hello World

This is with copying all the Axis2 binding dependencies to the launcher boot
directory. There's something not quite right with the classloading for the
SDO databinding as I need to have a copy of the jar in both the extension
and boot directories.

The  webapp  WS service still doesn't work, looking at that now.

C:\SCA\Standalone>dir /s /B
C:\SCA\Standalone\bin
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot
C:\SCA\Standalone\extension
C:\SCA\Standalone\LICENSE.txt
C:\SCA\Standalone\NOTICE.txt
C:\SCA\Standalone\bin\hostutil-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\bin\launcher.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\bin\sca-api-r0.95-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\axiom-api-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\axiom-impl-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\axis2-common-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\axis2-core-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\common-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\commonj-api_1.1-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\commons-codec-1.2.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\commons-logging-1.1.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\databinding-framework-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\databinding-sdo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\ecore-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\ecore-change-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\ecore-xmi-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\host-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\log4j-1.2.12.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\logkit-1.0.1.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\neethi-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\sdo-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\spi-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\stax-api-1.0.1.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\woden-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\wsdl4j-1.5.2.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\wstx-asl-2.9.3.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\XmlSchema-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\boot\xsd-2.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\extension\axis2-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
C:\SCA\Standalone\extension\databinding-sdo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

   ...ant

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
A multiparent classloader along with something that calculates the
transitive closure of extension dependencies would probably fix this,
something along the lines of (not having looked closely at this):

1. As the extension is being loaded, the following would happen:

- A classloader would be created for the extension's system
composite. This would have as one of its parents the classloader of
the parent composite. Another parent would be a classloader that was
instantiated for the main dependency jar, call that the "extension
classloader". Additional dependencies would be loaded in classloaders
which were parents to the extension classloader

2. As the application composite is loaded, the following would then
happen:

- the application classloader will have multiple parents: the
classloader of the parent application context and the "extension
classloader" defined above.

If someone can point me to the specific problem, I can take a look.
In any event, we should generally not be setting CCL and only do so
in very specific circumstances.

Jim

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,