Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/25 01:00:53 UTC

ActiveMQ3.2 and AJAX

Has anyone been able to run the AJAX samples on ActiveMQ 3.2 ?
I have tried to run the Chat application, but I end up with some vague
Javascript Errors ?

Re: ActiveMQ3.2 and AJAX

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
You can run amq 4.0 standalone outside of geronimo and just use the
client api's inside of geronimo to talk to the standalone broker.

On 5/25/06, avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The problem is I am using Websphere CE 1.0 as my appserver which is nothing
> but a Geronimo App Server v 1.0
>
> By Default geronimo comes with ActiveMQ 3.2 embedded in it, and as a result
> of this, it is not possible to upgrade to a different version of ActiveMQ
> unless Geronimo does it.
>

> Any suggestions ?

Hiram

Re: ActiveMQ3.2 and AJAX

Re: ActiveMQ3.2 and AJAX

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/06, avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been able to run the AJAX samples on ActiveMQ 3.2 ?
> I have tried to run the Chat application, but I end up with some vague
> Javascript Errors ?

3.2 is pretty old; for the more leading edge parts of ActiveMQ like
Ajax, Stomp and OpenWire I'd recommend going straight to 4.0
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-40-release.html
--

James
-------