Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tom Mornini <tm...@infomania.com> on 2000/11/17 02:32:28 UTC

Re: Replacing mod_prewrite with a PerlTransHandler

On 15 Nov 2000, David Hodgkinson wrote:

> Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> writes:
>
> > Perhaps that would make for a good talk ;)
>
> mod_rewrite recovery?
>
> Ok seriously then, we're proposing replacing a lite apache and
> mod_rewrite with a slightly heavier, but presumably highly shared
> mod_perled apache at the front end.
>
> Measurements anyone?

Perhaps, as others have suggested, mod_backhand makes this moot.

If not, then I can tell you that on Linux, I was able to make a
light-weight front-end that was 1/3 the RSS of a mod_perl backend without
any modules loaded. Adding modules would make the back-end even heavier.

--
-- Tom Mornini
-- InfoMania Printing and Prepress