Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/12 17:18:54 UTC

DataRowStore.sendUpdateNotification NullPointerException

Hy,

I keep getting this exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataRowStore.sendUpdateNotification(DataRowStore.java:673)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataRowStore.processSnapshotChanges(DataRowStore.java:538)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataRowStore.snapshotsUpdatedForObjects(DataRowStore.java:278)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectResolver.objectsFromDataRows(ObjectResolver.java:121)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectResolver.synchronizedObjectsFromDataRows(ObjectResolver.java:97)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.interceptObjectConversion(DataDomainQueryAction.java:319)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.execute(DataDomainQueryAction.java:116)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:730)
	at org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:217)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQueryAction.java:54)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1387)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1376)

on Cayenne 2.0.2.

This seems to happen always for the same Local EJB, while other Local
EJBs that use Cayenne in the same way seem to work. From a previous
email, it seems this has something to do with the serialization of the
objectStore.

What can I do to get rid of this ?

Thanks,
Emilian Bold

--
Emilian Bold
+40 740235562

Java and NetBeans Platform-loving consulting services from Timisoara, Romania.

Re: DataRowStore.sendUpdateNotification NullPointerException

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks for the info. Still not sure what we are going to do about
though...

[FYI, for the actual patch you can check subversion tab in Jira]

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-796?
page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-
tabpanel

Andrus

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Hy,

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Emilian,

I agree with your general point about the obscure nature of this
behavior. However CAY-796 fix was already supposed to address the
underlying deserialization bug (something I did not consider in my
previous reply). Before we make any other changes, could you confirm

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
While CAY-796 wasn't addressed in 2.0.3, it probably wouldn't be a terrible
idea to upgrade to that either.

--
Kevin

Re: DataRowStore.sendUpdateNotification NullPointerException

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi there,