Posted to user@struts.apache.org by overtakerx <ov...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 01:45:49 UTC

Re: persisting data across different form

Hi

I was told that I can use html:hidden to pass the data between the two
forms, however after searching around I couldn't find an example on how to
do it, anyone has any idea how to do it or whether it is possible ?

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
consider following:
1. jsp with hidden field myField="someValue"
2. post to an action1 -> action1 can read myField and there is someValue in it
3. redirect to another action2 but with redirect="false" in struts-config.xml
- it's very important to add redirect="false", it will not create new
request so myField=someValue will stay in request
4. in action2 you can read read myField and there is someValue in it

hope that helps.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.