Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2004/12/13 11:53:01 UTC

Star Office to FO

Hello List,

does anybody know a project or Stylesheets to convert Star Office Documents
saved in XML into PDFs using FO? I found HTML2Fo for HTML transformations,
but nothing for Staroffice.. :(

Thanks !

Jan

Re: Star Office to FO

Posted by "M. Niedermair" <m_...@gmx.de>.
Hello Jan!

> does anybody know a project or Stylesheets to convert Star Office Documents
> saved in XML into PDFs using FO? I found HTML2Fo for HTML transformations,
> but nothing for Staroffice.. :(

writer2latex http://www.hj-gym.dk/~hj/writer2latex/ convert OO-Documents to
LaTeX and XHTML.
After this, you can use HTML2FO.

By
Michael

Re: Star Office to FO

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 13, 2004, at 2:53 AM, news@swisslab.de wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> does anybody know a project or Stylesheets to convert Star Office
> Documents
> saved in XML into PDFs using FO? I found HTML2Fo for HTML
> transformations,
> but nothing for Staroffice.. :(

Another possibility, is that Apache Forrest[1] currently can take
OpenOffice.org Writer & Impress documents and translate that into a PDF
document. I think StarOffice Writer is the same as OOo Writer. IIRC, it
uses an XSL transform document called openoffice-writer2fo.xsl. The OOo
stuff is in the standard 0.6 distribution, but they are moving the OOo
stuff into a plugin (probably for 0.7 or perhaps 0.6.1). There are some
folks enabling embedded images and such to come through, although I
don't know if that works for the PDF generation as well, or just for
the HTML stuff.

At present, the transformation is pretty bare bones, but as with all
open source projects, patches are welcome! Good luck!

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org

Web Maestro Clay
--