Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Kador, Daniel" <da...@lmco.com> on 2005/06/08 21:09:50 UTC

[Axis2M2] WSDL2Code/Java not working

Hi,

I just downloaded the M2 release of Axis 2, and I'm trying to test it
out with a web servicce that works properly with Axis 1.2.  I'd like to
use the code emitter, since I want to test out the asynchronous
capabilities of Axis 2.  Unfortunately, it's not proceeding as smoothly
as I had hoped.  I'm just trying to use the command line tool.  I
believe I'm using the correct classpath, but the error I get when I
specify my WSLD is

javax/wsdl/WSDLExcept
ion at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:28)

So it can't find a class it wants (I believe it's not finding
CodeGenerationEngine), but that doesn't make sense because that should
all be in axis2-M2.jar.  If I can run org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java,
then I should also be able to see the rest of the classes in
axis2-M2.jar (I think).

Note that I've also tried using the Eclipse plugin, and that's not
working for me either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: [Axis2] WSDL2Code/Java not working

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,
Yes It seems the problem is with the wsdl4j.jar (we use it to give the
WSDL 1.1 support). BTW you can use the bat (or the shell script) to
run the tool wich searches for the classpath and puts all the
necessary classes in the classpath.

What seems to be the problem with the Eclipse plugin ? (hope you have
Eclipse 3.0 or higher! This works only for Eclipse 3.0 or higher)

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] WSDL2Code/Java not working

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

RE: [Axis2M2] WSDL2Code/Java not working

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Daniel,

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the M2 release of Axis 2, and I'm trying to test it
> out with a web servicce that works properly with Axis 1.2.  I'd like to
> use the code emitter, since I want to test out the asynchronous
> capabilities of Axis 2.  Unfortunately, it's not proceeding as smoothly
> as I had hoped.  I'm just trying to use the command line tool.  I
> believe I'm using the correct classpath, but the error I get when I
> specify my WSLD is

> javax/wsdl/WSDLExcept
> ion at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:28)
>
> So it can't find a class it wants (I believe it's not finding
> CodeGenerationEngine), but that doesn't make sense because that should
> all be in axis2-M2.jar.  If I can run org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java,
> then I should also be able to see the rest of the classes in
> axis2-M2.jar (I think).

Axis2-M2.jar contains only the axis2 classes. The easiest thing you can do
is run maven once for the build, to get all the required jars. Then add them
to your classpath.

> Note that I've also tried using the Eclipse plugin, and that's not
> working for me either.

Tried in Eclipse 3.0 ?

- Chinthaka