Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/02/01 21:19:49 UTC

Re: svn commit: r374150 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-antrun-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/antrun: AbstractAntMojo.java AntPropertyHelper.java

some thoughts:
- This omits classifier, in the case it differs from type
- isn't this verbose if you have to give jar all the time, when most
dependencies are?
- does this handle dotted group IDs? (I assume it does)

I thought it might be better to do a taskdef (which I assume the antrun
plugin can introduce), so the script could contain:

<set-dependency-property property="..." groupId="..." artifactId="..."
[type="..." classifier="..."] />

WDYT?

- Brett

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Brett Porter wrote:

> some thoughts:
> - This omits classifier, in the case it differs from type

Right, will fix.

> - isn't this verbose if you have to give jar all the time, when most
> dependencies are?

I don't think those 4 characters are going to bother the users as much
as the 'maven.dependency' prefix :) And what do yo propose, leaving it off
if the type == jar && classifier != type ? Might come off as a bit
inconsistent, I think?

> - does this handle dotted group IDs? (I assume it does)

Yes, I was thinking about maybe using a colon as the group/artifact
separator, but then that might give problems. For now it's the
original groupId + artifactId, so 'org.apache.maven.something.artifactId',
which is unique AFAIK.

> I thought it might be better to do a taskdef (which I assume the antrun
> plugin can introduce), so the script could contain:
>
> <set-dependency-property property="..." groupId="..." artifactId="..."
> [type="..." classifier="..."] />

That was my proposal too, but then I figured that maven-artifact-ant
already provides that. And users will mostly use that <task> (i
personally thought of <maven:dependency>) to set a
property they'll use later on in another task. The committed solution
eliminates that extra step. But it can be provided if needs be.

> WDYT?

idem.. :)

-- Kenney

> - Brett
>
> kenney@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: kenney
> > Date: Wed Feb  1 11:58:44 2006
> > New Revision: 374150

> > Log:
> > PR: MANTRUN-41
> >
> > Added 'maven.dependency.<groupId>.<artifactId>.<type>.path'
> > properties for all dependencies.

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key