Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dean Hiller <dh...@avaya.com> on 2002/02/02 21:57:16 UTC

applet works, https doesn't

I have an applet that connects back to the server on 8443 and it works fine even without a certificate.  When I go to https://localhost:8443 web page, I get a prompt with an unknown certificate(certificate was created and self signed by me).  Why don't I get this prompt with the applet, it is using port 8443?  Something is questionable here.

Can anybody explain this to me?
thanks,
Dean

Startup error: no userdatabase

Posted by "www.custos.de Information" <in...@custos.de>.
hello,

I have an major error while starting tomcat 4.0 on a apache webserver on
win2k.
After install tomcat, the first startup works fine.
After I shutdown the servlet and the start it again an error message occurs
"No UserDatabase
component found..."
So the tomcat doesn't start up.
I reinstalled everything, same problem.