Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Stephen Eaton <se...@gateway.net.au> on 2002/11/05 04:23:14 UTC

Progress: SOAP and Turbine

I though I'd post the progress I've had with getting turbine to serve up
web applications via soap.

Well at the moment I have successfully got both AXIS and GLUE to
integrate with turbine, albeit as a servlet in the turbine webapp
however this seems to work quite well, and it successfully serves out
services from within my turbine application to a php-nuke portal,
accessing Torque and all the other classes, infact it was rather
straight forward once I got my mind around soap.

I 've ultimately chosen to use AXIS as my soap server due to problem I
had with nusoap (a php soap library) and the way it handles(or doesn't)
soap multirefs, within axis I could turn off multirefs, GLUE I couldn't,
however I feel that GLUE is probably easier to use.

I haven't done any performance testing so I don't know how it will
handle the load, but I shouldn't see any problems.

When I get time I'll write up a howto, but at the moment I have a
project deadline in the next couple of weeks, so it won't be after then.

Regards,

Stephen Eaton

Re: Progress: SOAP and Turbine

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
For the past couple weeks I too have been using SOAP with turbine.  Axis
does quite well and I don't see any need to do a special service for
Turbine.  All I need to do is tell Axis what class I want to publish as
a SOAP service and the Axis servlet takes care of it all.  Right now I
have a SOAP service published that uses Torque to write to the database
and then Turbine pulls out the info for the web.  Its working very well.

Just thought I'd chime in...
- Dan Diephouse