Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Yves Desfossés <yd...@videotron.ca> on 2003/03/29 18:28:54 UTC

Load configuration without instantiating ecverything

Hi,

Is there a way to read the log4J configuration, I mean all the loggers
and the Appenders, either from a property file or a XML file without
instantiating and initializing everything.

The problem is when I call:
	Enumeration e = LogManager.getCurrentLoggers();
It loads everything in memory and initializes all the loggers found in
the config files.

The reason I want to do that is to verify that the paths configured in
my DailyRollingFileAppender and RollingFileAppender exist, because if
they don't exist, I would prefer to create them before LOG4J throws an
exception.

Is there any other way to be sure that my paths exists before Log4j
tries to instantiaite those loggers?

Yves Desfossés
SOL-YD Informatique Inc.