Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/27 17:51:19 UTC

Error problem with Xalan?

I have a stylesheet where I am changing XForm-like markup
to HTML markup.  The problem comes when I try to create an
HTML Select tag.  TraxTransformer (and Xalan) are returning
this exception:

ERROR   19930   [cocoon  ] (Thread-11): Error in TraxTransformer:
file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/ad-approval/stylesheets/xform2xhtml.xsl; Line 69; Column 45;
; SystemID: file:/C:/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/ad-approval/stylesheets/xform2xhtml.xsl; Line#: 69; Column#: 45

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: select is not allowed in this position in the stylesheet!

The offending line is included here:

      <xsl:when test="$type='menu'">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="xform:item" mode="menu">
	  <select name="{@ref}" alt="{xform:hint}"> <!-- ***** OFFENDING LINE ***** -->
	    <xsl:with-param name="value"><xsl:value-of select="exfm:value"/></xsl:with-param>
	  </select>
	</xsl:apply-templates>
      </xsl:when>

Why is Xalan treating <select> and <xsl:select> the same?  this should not be.
Is this a Cocoon environment error, or a Xalan namespace bug?

Re: Error problem with Xalan?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I have a stylesheet where I am changing XForm-like markup
> to HTML markup.  The problem comes when I try to create an
> HTML Select tag.  TraxTransformer (and Xalan) are returning
> this exception:

Never Mind!  I had a blonde moment:

You cannot embed elements inside an <xsl:apply-templates>
element (except for <xsl:with-param> elements).