Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 18:01:00 UTC

Updating the Jackrabbit code history in Ohloh

Hi,

The current Ohloh code analysis for Jackrabbit [1] stops in 2006 when
we moved the codebase out from the Incubator. The reason for this is
that Ohloh is unable to follow the code history beyond the svn move
from .../incubator/jackrabbit/trunk to .../jackrabbit/trunk.

This unfortunately hides quite a bit of the older work that's gone
into the codebase, so I'm in the process of replacing the Jackrabbit
svn URL in Ohloh with a pointer to the Jackrabbit git mirror at
http://git.apache.org/. The git mirror contains the code history all
the way to September 2004 when Jackrabbit entered incubation.

This change may well affect the Ohloh contributor list of Jackrabbit,
and you may need to reclaim your contributions once Ohloh has
processed the new history. I'll send an update once I know what the
exact effect of this is.

[1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/jackrabbit/analyses/latest

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Updating the Jackrabbit code history in Ohloh

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This change may well affect the Ohloh contributor list of Jackrabbit,
> and you may need to reclaim your contributions once Ohloh has
> processed the new history. I'll send an update once I know what the
> exact effect of this is.

The code history based on the Git mirror is now available on Ohloh.
This moves the start date of the covered history back to 2004.

The side-effect of this change is that your current contribution
records are no longer up to date. To fix this, follow these steps:

1. Go to your Ohloh profile page at https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/<account>
2. Click "EDIT" on the "Apache Jackrabbit" entry in the "Experience" section
3. Click "DELETE" to remove the old entry
4. Go to the Jackrabbit contributors page at
https://www.ohloh.net/p/jackrabbit/contributors
5. Click on your name in the list of contributors
6. Click the "I am this person" button
7. Fill in the contribution record with any extra details you want to add

If you don't already use Ohloh to track your Jackrabbit contributions
but want to now do so, you can start directly at step 4.

BR,

Jukka Zitting