Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org> on 2007/06/29 14:48:11 UTC

Re: where do the APR(-UTIL) backports go?

Hi all,
> First, don't ask here, these folks wouldn't have your answer (har har)

> Really - discuss apr at dev@apr.

> Secondly, we rarely bother, it's CTR.  Usually a ping to the list just
> to be polite about a more complex change.  And no breaking ABI in 0.9,
> no adding features to 1.2.x (1.3.0 picks up next-additions).

ok. I've some NetWare patches which I would like to bring into APR 1.2.x which are already for months in 1.3.x; these are almost makefile changes only - the only C file touched is .\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd.c with a small ifdef'd change for NetWare, and \apr-util\include\apu.hnw with a define.

If nobody objects I will soon start and commit these changes....

Guenter.

Re: where do the APR(-UTIL) backports go?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi all,
>> First, don't ask here, these folks wouldn't have your answer (har har)
>
>> Really - discuss apr at dev@apr.
>
>> Secondly, we rarely bother, it's CTR.  Usually a ping to the list just
>> to be polite about a more complex change.  And no breaking ABI in 0.9,
>> no adding features to 1.2.x (1.3.0 picks up next-additions).
>
> ok. I've some NetWare patches which I would like to bring into APR 1.2.x which are already for months in 1.3.x; these are almost makefile changes only - the only C file touched is .\apr-util\dbd\apr_dbd.c with a small ifdef'd change for NetWare, and \apr-util\include\apu.hnw with a define.

Build fixes would be terrific.  Since 1.2 just was released, we -already-
have an issue with Mac OS/X size detection.  So sometime in the next mo
or so another (perhaps final?) apr 1.2.x bump would be goodness.

Hopefully we shift gears from touchup to having 1.3.0 (trunk) ready to
ship; but summer is slow to get enough eyeballs on the code :)

> If nobody objects I will soon start and commit these changes....

Please do!