Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 21:48:11 UTC

[apachecon eu'08] Guide to successful incubation at the ASF

I just sent a proposal to the apache con CFP for a presentation on
successful incubation.

Unfortunately the title was submitted wrongly, and the apache con site
doesn't allow editing of the title of a submitted proposal.

Title: Guide to successful graduation at the ASF
(should be: Guide to successful incubation at the ASF)

The abstract:

Many projects aspire to join the Apache Software Foundation and are
anxious to take the plunge. The ASF has instituted a special project
for guiding and mentoring aspiring projects to become a successful
project under the Apache umbrella: the incubator. Any new project
needs to go through the incubator before it can be established as an
Apache project. Many projects have passed through the incubator and
some got stranded there.

Learn what makes a project successful and what makes a project fail.
You will learn from real projects that successfully graduated or
failed for various reasons.

Learn how to enter the incubator, foster your project under guidance
of the incubator's mentors, how graduation works and what comes next.

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/

Re: [apachecon eu'08] Guide to successful incubation at the ASF

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks!

Now I need to get approved ;-)

Martijn