Posted to websh-dev@tcl.apache.org by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch> on 2002/07/29 00:19:20 UTC

Things to do before websh3.5

A few things I think we should do before we can go online with the
websh stuff:

- fix the sessions example websh/examples/session_form.ws3 (seems not
  to work currently

- add the latest generated quickref.html to websh/download (how do we
  go online? from the repository? then we would need to check it in)

- add the latest tar ball for websh3.5 to websh/download (same
  question as above + check link from home page)

- create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
  the former point otherwise ;-)

- How do we tag releases in the repository? Any particular tool, or
  just plain manual action?

- Review of the stuff I changed today and yesterday

Any more things I missed?

Re: Things to do before websh3.5

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch> writes:

> - add the latest tar ball for websh3.5 to websh/download (same
>   question as above + check link from home page)
>
> - create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
>   the former point otherwise ;-)

Ok - I do have a make dist target in the makefile.  We just need to
make sure it's doing the right things.

> - How do we tag releases in the repository? Any particular tool, or
> just plain manual action?

I've never used tagging in CVS myself.  I have used the cvsversion.tcl
tool to keep the version number 'moving' (incr'ed for CVS changes),
but I don't know if you want to do that.  I include it in mod_dtcl and
Rivet, and it basically checks to see if you have made any changes,
and asks if you'd like to update the major, minor or point number of
the release.

> - Review of the stuff I changed today and yesterday
>
> Any more things I missed?

I think that's what was on my list, more or less.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Things to do before websh3.5

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> > - fix the sessions example websh/examples/session_form.ws3 (seems not
> >   to work currently
>
> How is it supposed to work, in any case?  It seems to work like the
> one on websh.com, although I don't understand the point of either
> one:-)

working on it in a few secs: the one on websh.com doesn't work either ;-(

> > - add the latest generated quickref.html to websh/download (how do
> > we go online? from the repository? then we would need to check it
> > in)
>
> I guess for now we can just move quickref.html onto the site manually.
> We need a long term solution, but we shouldn't get hung up on this.

ok

> > - create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
> > the former point otherwise ;-)
>
> Working on it.

ok: I don't really like the make file concept yet (what about the top
level Makefile?) Where do we create the build/dist? But I don't think
this should keep us from going online, but I'd like to look at it soon.

> Also... let me get the site working on www.apach.org, and we can look
> at it and check it out via the high port it's on, before shutting that
> down and moving to the proxy.

good: just let me know when we can look at it

Re: Things to do before websh3.5

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> > Also... let me get the site working on www.apach.org, and we can look
> > at it and check it out via the high port it's on, before shutting that
> > down and moving to the proxy.
>
> Another point.  The release announcement in src/ is out of date.  Name
> it Announce-3.0, or remove it entirely?

Either replace it with the current Announcment or remove it (renaming
doesn't make much sense imho)

Re: Things to do before websh3.5

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> > - create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
> > the former point otherwise ;-)

> Working on it.

Let me send this to you guys privately, so you can have a look at it,
just to check it over.

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch> writes:

> - fix the sessions example websh/examples/session_form.ws3 (seems not
>   to work currently

How is it supposed to work, in any case?  It seems to work like the
one on websh.com, although I don't understand the point of either
one:-)

> - add the latest generated quickref.html to websh/download (how do
> we go online? from the repository? then we would need to check it
> in)

I guess for now we can just move quickref.html onto the site manually.
We need a long term solution, but we shouldn't get hung up on this.

> - add the latest tar ball for websh3.5 to websh/download (same
> question as above + check link from home page)

I've always done file uploads/releases manually.

> - create the latest tar ball for websh 3.5 (we have a problem with
> the former point otherwise ;-)

Working on it.