Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Brandon Goodin <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/06 08:00:10 UTC

Reporting Efforts

Hey All,

Just a friendly reminder. Let's be sure that we are using JIRA to
communicate with each other. When you are working on a bug be sure to
assign it to yourself, adjust the status, and maintain this
information through the various stages of resolution. Also, it is good
to use JIRA to record questions and answers regarding the bug. This
will help us in the future as we are working through other issues. It
is best to keep the bug information as full as possible. This will
avoid us having to search development archives for information that
can more easily be found in bug comments.

Thanks!
Brandon Goodin

Re: Reporting Efforts

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
RE: #1 Also make sure to do this for intermediate commits, not just at the
end of the work.  Committing intermediate work is allowed (commit often), as
long as the tests pass.  For example, just like Brandon did here:

IBATIS-28 Initial test and derby to support test

And then when the work is complete, we should mark it complete in the
comment, using the full original JIRA ticket description for example:

COMPLETED IBATIS-28 Support multiple results from Stored Procedures

  - or -

FIXED IBATIS-28 Support multiple results from Stored Procedures

RE: #2 I fully agree with Jeff.  If it's good enough to be commented, it's
good enought to be deleted.  SVN will take care of history.  Commenting code
is often due to a lack of confidence in what you're working on.  If you're
not confident in deleting the code, ask someone else for their opinion.  I'm
happy to explain any part of the code.

Finally (from me anyway):  Please try to keep the release.txt file in the
/doc directory up to date.  I've updated it for all of the changes to date
for the next version.  I know it seems like duplicate work, but it's
important, as this is the file that will be deployed with the application,
and it's the one that we've used since version 1.x.

Nice to see all of the discussion due to the activity lately.  Good stuff. I
guess we should put these guidelines on the wiki somewhere.

Cheers,
Clinton

Re: Reporting Efforts

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.