Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Wade Girard <Wa...@Calabrio.com> on 2014/02/13 21:05:34 UTC

Parameters to Gadget XML

Is is possible to read parameters that are passed in through the URL to the gadget, in the gadget?

Example Href: http://localhost/my/gadgets/HelloWorld.xml?name=foobar

Could I then, in the javascript in my gadget, read the value of name from the url parameter?

Thanks in advance
--
Wade Girard | Principal Software Engineer
Calabrio, Inc. | 400 1st Avenue N, Ste 300 | Minneapolis, MN 55401

Re: Parameters to Gadget XML

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.
Wade, the gadget URL is transformed into HTML and returned from the
server when a request is made to the /ifr endpoint.  The server does
not take into account any user parameters on the URL it just uses the
XML returned from hitting that URL.  If it was a servlet returning the
XML for example you could then use them in the XML returned from the
servlet.  There are other things like view parameters that can be
passed to a gadget via the container when it renders the gadget.
Without knowing more about your use case I am not sure if that will
work for you.