Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Yordan Kostov <Yo...@worldsupport.info> on 2018/10/22 12:57:56 UTC

Avcitve directory integartion

Dear all,

                Currently testing AD integration but bumped into some issues.
                After the default config is set I am able to see AD users when I go to  "Add Ldap Account" but when I set ldap.search.group.principle to restrict the user view all users disappear.

                ldap.search.group.principle value was like this OU=Department_group, OU=HQ, DC=domain, DC=com;

                Then I set it just to DC=Domain, DC=com to check if may be I have chosen wrong OUs down the line but it was not working again.
                Actually whatever the value is besides empty user queries stop working.
                Any idea what is the reason it never works?  May be the syntax is different but I cannot find any examples.

                Another question - Is there a way to add an LDAP user to an already created account?
                Go to "Account" -> select account entry -> "USERS" and click "Add user".

                Even though LDAP is configured and working I can only create Cloudstack native user.

Best regards,
Jordan Kostov