Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> on 2022/09/27 00:24:11 UTC

Pine64 / Drivers / Linux

A bit offtopic but I found this interesting article from one of the
Pine64 Linux Community Developers.. and I think it may be interesting
in the context of porting NuttX to Pine64 devices :-)

https://blog.brixit.nl/why-i-left-pine64/

Quite interesting as I am waiting for the 2022Q4 release of "desktop
class" (OSHW rPI alternative) STAR64 board to work with on FreeBSD :-)

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/STAR64

Here, in terms of kernel API stability and only one "OS as the
distribution", both NuttX and FreeBSD may have clear advantage over
Linux :-)

I also have this feeling that only Open-Source-Software-AND-Hardware
will be worth investing time in the long term, thus my focus on the
RISC-V :-)

Re: Pine64 / Drivers / Linux

Posted by "Lee, Lup Yuen" <lu...@appkaki.com>.
Hi Tomek: Thanks for sharing, I have been following the Pine64 Community,
indeed these are interesting developments.

At the NuttX Online Workshop I was delighted to hear that NuttX on 64-bit
RISC-V has advanced so far.

Perhaps after porting NuttX to PinePhone, I should try porting NuttX to
STAR64 RISC-V Board :-)

Lup