Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Pump <jp...@mindspring.com> on 2007/04/04 02:16:22 UTC

OT re Emulating Pages Search

If the documents have some sort of fixed ranking value (pageweight) and
the documents are arranged in the index in that order then at some point
you can say there is no reason to look for more matches, e.g. even if
the words were next to each other in query order, the document couldn't
possibly score higher then my #10 result right now. In this situation
the idea of supplying a page start/end does become valuable in reducing
load and does not require maintaining state inside the engine.

Jason