Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Philippe Cornut (QC/EMC)" <Ph...@ericsson.com> on 2004/08/06 00:24:06 UTC

formatting soap requests

Hi all,

I am having some difficulties bringing a SOAP request to a "one-line" form.

i would like to send a request like this one:
(yes this is a response but i dont have a request at hand... anyway what matters is the format!?!)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

instead of something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap-env:Envelope xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap-env:Header>
    <sessionId>f00b4r</sessionId>
    <transactionId>1</transactionId>
  </soap-env:Header>
  <soap-env:Body>
    <DeleteResponse/>
      <soap-env:Fault>
        <faultcode>error number</faultcode>
        <faultstring>Error text goes here</faultstring>
        <faultactor>Target System</faultactor>
        <detail><Message/></detail>
      </soap-env:Fault>
  </soap-env:Body>
</soap-env:Envelope>

Because when sending the latter the server fails to parse it correctly and i suspect a carriage return to be the cause but need to be sure.

Best regards,

Philippe Cornut
MMS Test Automation Group
Ericsson Research Canada

Phone:  +1 514 345 7999 x2800
Adress: 8300 Décarie Blvd,
        Montréal, Québec, H4P 2N2

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.
E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

Re: formatting soap requests

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.
Philippe

The company I work for has a product to help you diagnose these things.
      You can invoke or resend messages playing with the exact format
all you want.  Feel free to grab a complimentary evaluation[1] at your
convenience.

Regards,

Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.