Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by gerard uolaquetalestem <vi...@mixmail.com> on 2003/08/03 20:29:43 UTC

make test fails in building modperl2+apache2+perl5.8

Hi everyone (my first message).

The message is that there is a syntax error in line x of some conf file, the
syntax error is that PerlSwitches is an unknown command.

I am trying to compile modperl2 with perl 5.8 compiles with mpm and
ithreads and with apache2 compiled not as a DSO module but as static part
of the executable.

But i get this error, what can it be?
I'm using suse linux 8.0

Another thing is that i compiled perl with i686-linux, but i used to think i
was i386, as i686 was the default i leave as it.
Anyway i don't think it has any importance.

Any idea?

Extra info:
I want to compile as static module because with DSO option #perl directive
doesn't work.
-----
Un nuevo buscador m�s r�pido, eficaz y sencillo http://www.plaf.com
Ya.com ADSL Home 24h, M�dem + Alta + 1 mes Gratis http://acceso.ya.com/adslhome24h/

Re: make test fails in building modperl2+apache2+perl5.8

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
gerard uolaquetalestem wrote:
> Hi everyone (my first message).
>
> The message is that there is a syntax error in line x of some conf file, the
> syntax error is that PerlSwitches is an unknown command.
>
> I am trying to compile modperl2 with perl 5.8 compiles with mpm and
> ithreads and with apache2 compiled not as a DSO module but as static part
> of the executable.
>
> But i get this error, what can it be?
> I'm using suse linux 8.0
>
> Another thing is that i compiled perl with i686-linux, but i used to think i
> was i386, as i686 was the default i leave as it.
> Anyway i don't think it has any importance.
>
> Any idea?

Static mod_perl build is not available at this moment. Patches to do the
necessary work are welcome.

In any case when reporting problems, please make sure to follow the guidelines:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

> Extra info:
> I want to compile as static module because with DSO option #perl directive
> doesn't work.

You are confusing mod_perl 1.0 and mod_perl 2.0, #perl doesn't work in the
static build of mod_perl 1.0, not 2.0.

Geoff, what the status of the SSI's port to mp2?