Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2003/07/18 22:04:43 UTC

Re: Need help, Global Hash corruption under mod_perl in perl 5.8.0 !?!

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 09:03, Влад Сафронов wrote:
> I used Apache::ePerl ( http://www.ossp.org/pkg/tool/eperl/
> <http://www.ossp.org/pkg/tool/eperl/> ) for a long time (up to perl
> 5.6.1)
> until our admin install perl 5.8.0 and recompiled apache and mod_perl
> with it.
>
> After that global hash $Cache where all precompiled eperl scripts kept
> in becomes corrupted
> (even under httpd -X) after several calls

Sounds like a bug in Apache::ePerl.

I'm afraid you'll find that ePerl isn't really being supported by anyone
at this point.  The last release was something like 5 years ago.  I'd
suggest that you consider moving your code to one of the other
templating systems available.  Meanwhile, you can try to debug
Apache::ePerl with the usual methods.

Your admin did recompile ePerl with the new version of perl as well,
didn't he?  And you are running mod_perl 1.x without threads?

- Perrin