Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by spinergywmy <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 11:34:25 UTC

Multiple query criteria search

Hi guys,

   I m actually trying on search indeces by entering multiple queries, for
instance, I have 4 textboxes with search criterias such as AND, OR, NOT and
Exact phrase. I m using queryParser operator and then add the query into
booleanquery, therefore I dont think my search result was correct.

   Is there any other better way to do so?

   Thank you.

regards,
Wooi Meng

Re: Multiple query criteria search

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:    I m actually trying on search indeces by entering multiple queries, for
: instance, I have 4 textboxes with search criterias such as AND, OR, NOT and
: Exact phrase. I m using queryParser operator and then add the query into
: booleanquery, therefore I dont think my search result was correct.

your approach of running hte input into each text box through a query
parser and then combining hte resulting queries into a single BooleanQuery
is a very sound and good approach ... i can't comment on the specifc
correctness of how you implimented it hower, so if your results aren't
what you expect I would look at the boolena que toString and make sure
what you are constructing matches what you thought you were constructing.

-Hoss