Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Harshvardhan Agrawal <ha...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/02 22:41:55 UTC

Behavior of time based operators

Hello,

I have recently started reading Stream Processing with Apache Flink by
Fabian and Vasiliki. In Chapter 3 of the book there is a statement that
says: None of the functions expose an API to set time stamps of emitted
records, manipulate the event-time clock of a task, or emit watermarks.
Instead, time-based DataStream operator tasks internally set the time
stamps of emitted records to ensure that they are properly aligned with the
emitted watermarks. For instance, a time-window operator task attached the
end time of a window as time stamp to all records emitted by the window
computation before it emits the watermark with the time stamp that
triggered the computation of the window.

Does this mean that time stamps in the records are overwritten by these
time-based operators when using Event Time?
Harshvardhan

Re: Behavior of time based operators

Posted by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com>.
See the section on Operators here