Posted to user@commons.apache.org by bb...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2004/07/22 20:30:14 UTC

[beanutils] copyProperties from Boolean to boolean

Hi all,

My apologies if this is covered somewhere, I was unable to find anything
on google.

I have two beans with similar signatures, one with a primitive type
(boolean) and the other with the wrapper class (Boolean).  When the
Boolean is set to null and I use copyProperties, I get a
NullPointerException.  Is this known behaviour, a bug, something else?
Specifically i'm using struts and copying a form bean to a backend class.
I'll append a test case that demos the problem (Bean1 has the Boolean and
Bean2 the boolean).

Thanks in Advance,

Brian

import org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils;

public class PropTest
{

        public PropTest()
        {
                Bean1 bean1 = new Bean1();
                bean1.setFlag(null);
                Bean2 bean2 = new Bean2();
                bean2.setFlag(false);
                try {
                        PropertyUtils.copyProperties(bean2, bean1);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace(System.err);
                }
        }