Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by dsjaxen <do...@siemens.com> on 2015/06/02 23:51:44 UTC

With karaf 3.0.3 bundles now require imports of javax packages

Hi!
We have been in the process of moving some of our bundles to karaf 3.0.3,
and in the process have started
seeing ClassNotFoundExceptions for classes in packages like the following:
 javax.xml.*   (javax.xml.transform for instance)
 javax.security.*
I was under the impression that if these were listed in jre.properties, then
they would not have to be imported.  I see entries for the packages in the
jre.properties, so I am confused.
I can fix the issue by adding the imports which would seem to have no ill
effects (works with karaf 2.x).
However, I would like to understand why it is not working as expected.
Thanks,
Doug

Re: With karaf 3.0.3 bundles now require imports of javax packages

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
You need imports for all packages except for the java.* packages.
You could add the javax packages to the boot delegation to avoid having
imports but it is not recommended to do so.

Christian