Posted to user@flink.apache.org by marco andreas <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/13 17:06:38 UTC

Activate Flink HA without checkpoints on k8S

Hello,

Can someone explain to me what is the point of using HA when deploying an
application cluster with a single JM and the checkpoints are not activated.

AFAK when the pod of the JM goes down kubernetes will restart it anyway so
we don't need to activate the HA in this case.

Maybe there's something else that I am missing here, so if someone could
give me an explanation it would be great .

Sincerely,

Re: Activate Flink HA without checkpoints on k8S

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Add some more information to Gyula's comment.

For application mode without checkpoint, you do not need to activate the HA
since it will not take any effect and the Flink job will be submitted again
after the JobManager restarted. Because the job submission happens on the
JobManager side.

For session mode without checkpoint, you still need to activate the HA. If
not, all the running jobs will be lost after JobManager restarted. Because
the
job submission happens on the client side and job graphs are stored by HA.

Best,
Yang

Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com> 于2022年10月14日周五 04:27写道:

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.