Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 07:42:50 UTC

stratos installer scripts - puppet_hostname bug?

I've set puppet_hostname="puppet.stratos.com" which results in /etc/hosts:

   vagrant@puppet:~$ cat /etc/hosts
   127.0.0.1  localhost
   127.0.0.1  puppet.stratos.com
   127.0.0.1 stratos.com   # stratos domain

However, when devstack stack.sh fails to setup rabbitmq:

   vagrant@puppet:~$ cat /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log
   ERROR: epmd error for host "puppet": timeout (timed out)

Should the stratos installer be adding the hostname as well, like this:

   vagrant@puppet:~$ cat /etc/hosts
   127.0.0.1  localhost
   127.0.0.1  puppet.stratos.com puppet
   127.0.0.1 stratos.com   # stratos domain

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: stratos installer scripts - puppet_hostname bug?

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

Ah, the thilinapiy script [1] creates a new host file and adds a
domain name, but doesn't add the host part.

I've raised a PR [2]

Many thanks,

Chris

---
[1] https://github.com/thilinapiy/puppetinstall/blob/master/puppetinstall#L196
[2] https://github.com/thilinapiy/puppetinstall/pull/4

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: stratos installer scripts - puppet_hostname bug?

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,