Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Uwe Schäfer <sc...@thomas-daily.de> on 2010/03/22 23:02:29 UTC

Behaviour being also a Validator

hi

i ran into a problem, where a Behaviour, that at some point happens to
also implement also IValidator did no longer get the expected callbacks.

this is understandable given the fact, that i call either
add(IValidator) on FormComponent or add(IBehaviour) on Component to add it.
I am wondering, if a patch passing the call like:

FormComponent.java:

public final FormComponent add(final IValidator validator) {
   // ...
   if (validator instanceof IBehaviour){
     add((IBehaviour)validator)
   }
   //...

was appropriate, or not. what do you think?

cu uwe
--
THOMAS DAILY GmbH
Adlerstraße 19

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors:
Wendy Thomas, Susanne Larbig
Handelsregister Freiburg i.Br., HRB 3947

Registrieren Sie sich unter http://www.signin.thomas-daily.de für die
kostenfreien TD Morning News, eine  Auswahl aktueller Themen des Tages
morgens um 9:00 in Ihrer Mailbox.

Hinweis: Der Redaktionsschluss für unsere TD Morning News ist täglich um
8:30 Uhr. Es werden vorrangig Informationen berücksichtigt, die nach
16:00 Uhr des Vortages eingegangen sind. Die Email-Adresse unserer
Redaktion lautet redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

To receive the free TD News International – a selection of the day’s top
issues delivered to your mail box every day – please register at
www.signin.thomas-daily.de

Please note: Information received for our TD News International after 4
p.m. will be given priority for publication the following day. The daily
editorial deadline is 8:30 a.m. You can reach our editorial staff at
redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

Re: Behaviour being also a Validator

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I don't see a problem with this.  I think it would need to somehow be
bi-directional, though. i.e., if you had your object currently cast as a
behavior, and called add(IBehavior), that it would also need to add it as a
validator.  The problem, of course, being that you can't just add the exact
same code to both methods or you end up with a stack overflow.  We would
need to add a check for it existing in the collection, I suppose.

I'd suggest creating a JIRA with the contents of this thread.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com