Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Pepo <de...@bestinnovative.com> on 2018/02/28 15:58:25 UTC

Use my own file of (spanish) translation

Hello friends.

I'm trying to use my own file to display the messages in Spanish, (inside the folder /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/guacamole/translations/) I created the file es.json (based on the file en.json) but when starting Guacamole it does not recognize it as an available option ... How can I also get the "Spanish" option in the "Preferences> Display language" listbox?

I'm using Debian9, Tomcat8 and Guacamole0.9.14 (Installed from https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/0.9.14/gug/installing-guacamole.html)

Best regards,
Pepo.

Re: Use my own file of (spanish) translation

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Pepo <de...@bestinnovative.com> wrote:

> Hello friends.
>
> I'm trying to use my own file to display the messages in Spanish, (inside
> the folder /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/guacamole/translations/) I created
> the file es.json (based on the file en.json) but when starting Guacamole it
> does not recognize it as an available option ... How can I also get the
> "Spanish" option in the "Preferences> Display language" listbox?

Simply adding the file to that directory will not make it available - you
really have to add it prior to building Guacamole so that it is available
at deploy time.

However, good news - the Spanish translation file was added to Guacamole
recently (December) and is already available in the Git master repo, and
should be released as part of the next Guacamole release.  You're welcome
to check out the current master repo and build the client yourself, and
deploy it that way (you'll also need the matching Guacamole Server version,
built from source), or wait until the next release (1.0.0) and download it,
then.

Here's the JIRA issue for the addition:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/issues/GUACAMOLE-463

-Nick