Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jesse Stroik <js...@ssec.wisc.edu> on 2008/12/01 16:36:56 UTC

Re: night of pleasure spam

Kate,

The previous discussion of the windows live spaces spam was from
10/18/2008 and it has the subject "Windows Live Spaces spam".  That
should help you search the archive.

> I will look into the BOTNET as I don't believe we are using this at the
> moment. Do you get many fp's with this?

In my experience, yes, you will get a lot of false positives with the
BOTNET plugin.  When I was using, I found that a lot of mailing lists
and a lot of mail servers weren't configured properly in DNS or had
other (legitimate in my estimation) configurations that tripped BOTNET.

Best,
Jesse