Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/13 21:53:41 UTC

[FlexJS] Installing FlexJS using NPM

Right now installing FlexJS requires either getting the sources and
building them, or using the Installer to install it.  Another nice way
would be to add it is a npm module [1], which seems to be a popular way to
install libraries these days.  So, simply running

npm install flexjs

should be a great way to get folks to install and try the new SDK.

Any interest in helping build something like this?

Note that there is already an npm module available for the flex sdk [1] [2]
 So, we might have a good starting point to add flexjs support.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://www.npmjs.com/
[2] https://www.npmjs.com/package/flex-sdk
[3] https://github.com/JamesMGreene/node-flex-sdk

Re: [FlexJS] Installing FlexJS using NPM

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 13, 2015 1:24 PM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Would be totally cool.
>
> I didn’t try the flex sdk npm module, but it looks like it may actually be
> downloading the Adobe Flex SDKs.  Hopefully the person who put this
> together has permission to distribute, and is handling the presentation of
> the license agreements for the Adobe bits like airglobal and playerglobal
>
> IMO, Apache FlexJS via NPM will face similar issues because we still use
> playerglobal and airglobal.

It should be possible to show a prompt, given that it is essentially a JS
script.

> It would be an interesting task to see if we can make
> playerglobal/airglobal optional in FlexJS.  I haven’t thought too much
> about it, your email got me thinking about it.  I think we need
> airglobal/playerglobal to develop the FlexJS SWCs, but I think it might be
> true that if you are going to write cross-compilable code, the MXML and AS
> you write won’t need any of the APIs in airglobal/playerglobal.  FB might
> require it, although we might be able to stick in a dummy.

Isnt that what Chris did in his mavenization work, with the dummy fpg and
airglobal swcs?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.