Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Jason McIntosh <jm...@jmac.org> on 2012/01/10 20:04:36 UTC

[lucy-user] Non-question: KinoSearch migration

Just wanted to thank the Lucy team for _not_ taking the opportunity of a namespace change to trash the entire extant KinoSearch API. I was yesterday quite pleasantly surprised to find my project continuing to pass all tests after installing Lucy from CPAN, and then performing nothing less blunt than a recursive s/KinoSearch/Lucy/g throughout the codebase.

Your admirable restraint is appreciated. :)

--
Jason McIntosh

http://jmac.org • jmac@jmac.org • @JmacDotOrg

Re: [lucy-user] Non-question: KinoSearch migration

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
Jason McIntosh wrote on 1/10/12 1:04 PM:

> Your admirable restraint is appreciated. :)

/me points to Marvin and his admirable preoccupation with compatibility.