Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "neth6 atozasia.com" <ne...@atozasia.com> on 2001/07/06 10:15:44 UTC

JMeter extensions and browser emulation

Hi,

Currently, I can't find a page that list all JMeter extensions which has been developed i.e. Listeners, Config Elements, Controllers other than those provided by default in JMeter.  Would it be good to have such a page?

Actually, I am trying out JMeter and found that I require a feature which it does not have yet(?)  When GETting a web page thru' http, JMeter only measures the time taken to get that page itself.  It does not attempt to measre the time taken to download the images, applets, etc that comes with it.  I think that measuring these as well will give a better indication of the web server response time.  If such a feature does not exist I would like to develop it.  Please let me know.

Also, I think it might be useful for JMeter to measure the response time of each page in the 'Web Testing' controller and averaging them instead of just averaging the response time of all pages.  What do u guys think?

Lastly, do u think it would be within the scope of JMeter project if we included the components of HttpUnit (http://httpunit.sourceforge.net).  This would enable us to 'follow links' in the pages of 'Url Sample' Config Element, submit forms etc.

Thanks.