Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Justyna Horwat <Ju...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/06/30 02:15:30 UTC

Tutorial and SimpleTags taglib

I've written a simple tutorial to help people get started writing tag
libraries. The tutorial has the following sections:

1) Tag Handler
2) Tag Library Descriptor
3) JSP
4) Installation and Deployment
5) Examples

I've also put together a SimpleTags tag library that has some basic tag
examples. Hopefully the examples will answer many questions. I think
that the two jspspec tags should be put into the SimpleTags library as
well. That way, we would have a basic example tag repository.

I've attached documentation on the tags included in SimpleTags.

Justyna
< horwat@eng.sun.com >

Re: Tutorial and SimpleTags taglib

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> A quick question:
>
> How does this project and Struts tie together? Seems to me there are
> some overlap between the two projects.

Struts includes a particular tag library focused on form handling and
presentation for an MVC archtecture application, while Taglibs can
incorporate tag libraries for all sorts of purposes beyond this.  For
example, the SQL library in Taglibs would not be useful in a
Struts-based application (because you would do that sort of thing in an
Action class), while it is very useful for the "100% JSP" style of
application development.

Craig

Re: Tutorial and SimpleTags taglib

Posted by Wong Kok Wai <wo...@pacific.net.sg>.