Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/06 12:23:13 UTC

[m2] Guide to using Modello

Hi,

The documentation in the guide to using Modello (
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-using-modello.html) is a bit
sparse. I don't see what I should do with the generated java files. How can
I use them in my plugin? Do I need to copy the generated sources in my
source tree or will the sources be automatically added to the compile path
of maven? Some more explanation on that page would be nice. Also what
dependencies do I need to add to my plugin to use modello?

regards,

Wim

Re: [m2] Guide to using Modello

Posted by Piéroni Raphaël <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wim,

You can use them in your plugin automagically (modelllo generate the
sources in the generate-sources phase and automatically add the source
directory for compilation in maven).

So you don't have to cpy the generated sources.

You have to declare the modello-plugin in the build of your plugin for
source generation (in that way the sources are generated each time).

If you are insterrested with an example, checkout the
netbeans-freeform-maven-plugin which is located in the sandbox at
mojo. (http://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/netbeans-freeform-maven-plugin/)

Hope that helps

Raphaël