Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Klaus Liebler <kl...@klaus-liebler.de> on 2003/04/02 19:24:29 UTC

Installation problem

Hello List,
I installed the JDK 1.4.0 & the newest Tomcat and set the environment
variable JAVA_HOME to the pathname of the directory
into which I installed the JDK release. I'm using Win XP Pro. When
pointing my browser to localhost:8080 I get the following error message.
What did I wrong?

Thx Klaus

<Snip>

HTTP Status 500 -

--------

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHa
ndler.java:130)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.ja
va:293)

	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:59
4)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:56
5)
	at
.java:619)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

--------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

</snip>