Posted to user@pig.apache.org by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/22 04:55:06 UTC

Add pig library to Eclipse

Dear users,
Anyone knows how to add the pig library to eclipse ide?  How do you program
java with pig?

Thank you

George

Re: Add pig library to Eclipse

Posted by nitesh bhatia <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi
As far as I know their is no specific plugin for writing pig code in java.
However you can use PigPen (http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigPen) to write code
for pig and then embed it in java program. For writing java programs for
embedding pig you can refer Pig Wiki Quick Start (
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.2.0/quickstart.html).

--nitesh

Posted by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitesh,