Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2012/02/02 14:19:22 UTC

AW: Configuration Sequence

Looks as if nobody knows it ...

well, I have the sources and can look myself,
but I was so confident that a developer would know it :-(

Josef

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Thank you Scott

the reason why I ask is because I see a lot "already parsed" messages when debug=true is set.
So I was assuming that there is a way to pass configuration records in a proper sequence and
avoid this messages altogether.

The other reason is if I see errors with the Socket hub appender that a port is already in use.
A clear indicator that a configuration record has already been parsed for a given port, resulting
in a port becoming open and its socket gets in-use, hence, a next time parsing will result in a exception.
"address already in use"!  I do not yet have a different explanation for that exceptions.

Josef

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.