Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Remijan <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/01 16:18:12 UTC

Why can't 'mvn site' find a grand-parent pom?

I'm using Maven 3.0.2 and when I execute 'mvn site' I get errors saying Maven cannot find one of my pom files.  The error is:

[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:2.1:site (default-site) @ ferris-bible-jmce ---
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/ferris/ferris-standard-project/0.0.2/ferris-standard-project-0.0.2.pom
[INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: 1 problem was encount
ered while building the effective model for org.ferris:ferris-bible-parent:0.0.4

I have 2 questions:
1) Why isn't Maven looking for the file in .m2/repository/ ?  The POM is already there.

2) Why is Maven only look in "http://repo1.maven.org/maven2" for the pom and not look through the rest of <repository> entries in my settings.xml?

Re: Why can't 'mvn site' find a grand-parent pom?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-06-03 18:35, Michael Remijan wrote:
> Ok, so I am trying to use version 3.0-beta-3 and Maven is acting so inconsistently I can't make any sense of what's going on.
>

> When I execute `mvn site` I see the following which indicates Maven is not getting the correct version of the plugin.
>

>      [INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:2.1:site (default-site) @ ferris-bible-jmce ---

Have you followed the instruction on how to make your project use that
specific version?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin-3.0-beta-3/plugin-info.html

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Why can't 'mvn site' find a grand-parent pom?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.