Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by David Riccitelli <da...@insideout.io> on 2012/01/05 15:59:44 UTC

error using the Refactor Engine

Hello dears,

I just update my Stanbol install to r1227573, Refactor Engine r1210702.

The compile went just fine (including -Pkres). But when I ran the analysis
via the http://localhost:8080/engines# UI, I got an Null Pointer Exception
from the Refactor Engine:
 src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/enhancer/engines/refactor/RefactorEnhancementEngine.java
@line 253:

*sessionSpace.addOntology(ontologySource);*

I checked the sessionSpace was null, so to test I commented out this line.

Next I got the same Exception @line ~278:

*ontologies.addAll(sessionSpace.getOntologies(true));*

By commenting out also this line the analysis works (including the
Refactor) and the results seem correct.

Ciao,
David
--
David Riccitelli

InsideOut10 s.r.l.
P.IVA: IT-11381771002
Fax: +39 0110708239
---
LinkedIn: http://it.linkedin.com/in/riccitelli
Twitter: ziodave
---
Layar Partner Network<http://www.layar.com/publishing/developers/list/?page=1&country=&city=&keyword=insideout10&lpn=1>

Re: error using the Refactor Engine

Posted by Andrea Giovanni Nuzzolese <nu...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi David, all,

the issue is caused by the fact that session spaces are not managed by ontology scopes in OntoNet.
Actually, their use in scopes is deprecated as they can be directly accessed and managed via SessionManager.
I created a issue in Jira for that (see STANBOL-460) and I am working in fixing it.

Best.
Andrea