Posted to user@click.apache.org by Bert Heikamp <be...@tooclose.nl> on 2008/12/08 13:13:01 UTC

set a value in a FormTable onChange of another Cell

Hi All,
I have a fromTable with different fields, now I want to set a checkBow in
the first Row to Changed when modifying another value in that row, I don't
want to save the table, so It should be done with javascript, or with Ajax.
Is there a way to do this  ?

kind Regards, Bert

Re: set a value in a FormTable onChange of another Cell

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bert,

Bert Heikamp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a fromTable with different fields, now I want to set a checkBow
> in the first Row to Changed when modifying another value in that row, I
> don't want to save the table, so It should be done with javascript, or
> with Ajax. Is there a way to do this  ?

Do you want to "check" the checkbox when an input field in the row
change? Sounds like a use case for Javascript more than Ajax (unless
you need to retrieve data from the server when a value change).

If you use a Javascript library such as JQuery the following snippet
could work:

<script type="text/javascript">
       $(document).ready(function() {
         // Grab each row in table named 'table'
         $('#table tr').each(function() {

           // Store reference to the current row
           var tr = this;

           // Select all HTML input elements inside the given row
           // and register an onchange listener
           $(':input', tr).change(function(event) {

             // Ensure the event type is not a checkbox, otherwise
             // one cannot deselect the checkbox
             if (event.target.type !== 'checkbox') {

               // Select the checkbox from the row and check it
               $(':checkbox', tr).attr("checked", "checked");
             }
           })
         });
       });
</script>

If you use straight Javascript you'll probably have to do more work
though.

Hope this helps.

kind regards

bob