Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mo...@web.de on 2020/05/10 06:55:59 UTC

solr suggest is not replicated

Hello,

I want to use solr suggest (https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_2/suggester.html) in a solr cloud with replication.

We are using solr cloud with 2 nodes.

To build up the suggest I have to call "suggest.buildAll=true".
I do it this way:

- Ask Zookeeper for a Solr Node, it will return for example node1
- Execute suggest.buildAll=true at node1

It works exactly for node1. Node2 is not build.
I have to call suggest.buildAll=true specific also on node2

If I ask for suggest results, the result will be empty, if the suggest ist not build at all nodes.
I don`t want to call all nodes manual. It should work to call only one node, and the replication should sync the data.

Is this a bug or missing feature?

I found:

https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Suggester-component-replication-td3990967.html

This is about spell checking, not exactly my point, but similar.

Best

David

Re: solr suggest is not replicated

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
I wrote some Python for updating a collection config. An optional part of that is to go to each replica and start a suggester build.

If your collection is sharded and you load from a dictionary, you’ll also need to add distrib=false to the queries, otherwise you’ll get suggest results from every shard.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org